If you follow this blog at all you know that I’m a big fan of putting Kernel Season’s on just about every snack I make. So, when I ran across this idea for making cheddar ranch pork rind puffs, I was all over it. Be careful, these crunchy bites are highly addicting. They’re almost like eating giant Cheetos, but with a little pork rind flavor and crunch. If you need more kick (heat), add some cayenne pepper or red pepper flake to the spice mixture before adding the pork rinds.
I can eat an amazing number of cheddar ranch pork rind puffs. They’re rather addicting.
Cheddar Ranch Pork Rind Puffs
When I ran across this idea for making cheddar ranch pork rind puffs, I was all over it. Be careful, these crunchy bites are highly addicting.
- ⅔ cup Kernel Season’s Cheddar seasoning
- 4 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- kosher salt to taste
- 10 ounce pork rinds
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine cheddar seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder and salt in a re-sealable container (or baggie) that is large enough to hold the pork rinds.
- Add rinds to the seasoning. Seal and gently shake to coat well.
- Spread the rinds out onto a baking pan.Bake for 5 minutes.
Calories: 132kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 435mg | Potassium: 13mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 12IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 1mg
Nutritional values are approximate.