These red velvet Rice Krispies treats are as great tasting as they are great looking! They’re so very easy to make and made for a great Valentine’s day snack. Nice and crunchy and sweet, with an amazing red velvet flavor.
I made a batch of these Red Velvet Rice Krispies treats for Anita to take to work today. When you cut out the heart shapes you end up with little scraps, which are the perfect snack size!
Red Velvet Rice Krispie Treats
- Spray a 9″ x 13″ pan with the non-stick spray. Also spray a spatula and the cookie cutter.
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add in the marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Stir in the cake mix. The mixture will get thicken as you stir.
- Pour in the cereal and fold to combine well. The mixture will start to firm up, so work quickly but gently.
- Pour mixture into the pan and spread out, flattening with the spatula.
- Place in refrigerator for 15-30 minutes or until set.
- Cut into hearts. I was able to get 24 hearts using a small Wilton heart cutter.
- Because we were transporting them, I placed them on wax paper in Tupperware containers and refrigerated them until about 30 minutes before serving.
Nutritional values are approximate.