I was very pleasantly surprised with this recipe for roasted spicy chicken breasts. I’ll definitely make them again. I think next time I might try grilling them, then slicing them thinly and serving them on buns as sandwiches.
This chicken is very tender and juicy, with a little kick to boot.
Roasted Spicy Chicken Breasts
I was very pleasantly surprised with this recipe for roasted spicy chicken breasts. I’ll definitely make them again
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 lemons zested
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt plus more
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper plus more
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper or more
- 4 chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Spray a glass baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, lemon zest, paprika, celery seeds, salt, pepper, and cayenne in a bowl.
- Season the chicken on all sides with additional salt and pepper.
- Slather the chicken with the mayo mixture. I found it easiest to just use my hands, making sure to coat the chicken completely.
- Transfer the chicken to the baking dish.
- Bake until the chicken is at 165 F internal temperature, 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Let the chicken rest for a few minutes then slice thinly and serve.
Calories: 468kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 49g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 156mg | Sodium: 1023mg | Potassium: 938mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 230IU | Vitamin C: 35mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 2mg
Nutritional values are approximate.