Mmmmmm. Oh my goodness. Where have I been that I didn’t know that slathering cream cheese on a hot dog is just about the best thing ever? This simple approach to Seattle-style hot dogs is a fantastic way to jazz up your ‘usual’ hot dog.
I used pickled pepper rings, but you can substitute jalapenos instead for a little kick. To make your Seattle-style hot dogs look a bit out-of-the-ordinary, cut a ‘+’ sign pattern in the ends before tossing them onto the grill. The ends will separate and give the dogs a different look. You can also cut them into spirals and amaze everyone (plus they hold ingredients better!).
Seattle-Style Hot Dogs
- 1 small sweet onion sliced thin
- olive oil
- 4 hot dogs
- 4 hot dog buns
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- pepper rings
- Fire up your grill for direct cooking.
- Toss the onion with a little oil and salt and pepper. Place over direct heat and cook until softened. Remove.
- Grill hot dogs as desired.
- Warm buns as desired.
- Slather the buns with the cream cheese. Add the hot dogs and top with grilled onions and pepper rings.
Nutritional values are approximate.