I’m a big fan of taco night. Granted, it’s not real Mexican taco night, but it’ll do. Well-seasoned ground beef, cooked slow all day, soaking up flavor after flavor. Nothing fancy. No fine dining here. Just tasty tacos or taco salads. Perfect on a cold night and nothing could possibly be easier to make than slow cooker taco meat.
I prefer to use my homemade taco seasoning instead of the packets you get in the store. I like to be able to control the amount of salt and making it myself gives me that chance.
We’re both big fans of Mrs. Renfro’s salsas, and in particular the peach-flavored salsa. It adds a nice mellow sweetness to this slow cooker taco meat. For a nice kick, try Mrs. Renfro’s Mango Habanero salsa. It’ll wake you up!
Also try my slow cooker cheeseburgers.
Slow Cooker Taco Meat Version 2.0
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large green bell pepper seeded, chopped
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1-2 cups peach salsa I used Mrs. Renfro’s. You can substitute any good thick salsa.
- 1 envelope taco seasoning I used a heavy 2 tablespoons of my homemade taco seasoning
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet, breaking it up as it cooks. Drain and transfer to a slow cooker.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low 4-6 hours, stirring occasionally.
Nutritional values are approximate.