I’m a big fan of taco night. Granted, it’s not real Mexican taco night, but it’ll do. Well-seasoned ground beef, cooked slow all day, soaking up flavor after flavor. Deep, rich flavor in a sauce that is so delicious! Nothing fancy. No fine dining here. Just tasty tacos or taco salads. Perfect on a cold night. Heck, perfect on a hot night too! And nothing could possibly be easier to make than this slow cooker taco meat version 2.0. Why version 2.0? Well, because I knew I could make the original recipe better!
I prefer to use my homemade taco seasoning instead of the packets you get in the store when you make this slow cooker taco meat version 2.0. I like to be able to control the amount of salt and making it myself gives me that chance. Also, what do you do if you use up a packet and want more seasoning? Go to the store for a little ole packet?
We’re both big fans of Mrs. Renfro’s salsas, and in particular the peach-flavored salsa. It adds a nice mellow sweetness to this slow cooker taco meat. For a nice kick, try Mrs. Renfro’s Mango Habanero salsa. It’ll wake you up!
Also try my slow cooker cheeseburgers.
Slow Cooker Taco Meat Version 2.0
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large green bell pepper seeded, chopped
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1-2 cups peach salsa I used Mrs. Renfro’s. You can substitute any good thick salsa.
- 1 envelope taco seasoning I used a heavy 2 tablespoons of my homemade taco seasoning
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet, breaking it up as it cooks. Drain and transfer to a slow cooker.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low 4-6 hours, stirring occasionally.
Nutritional values are approximate.