I hope I never have to pick a favorite potato salad. I’ve made a lot of varieties, and each was great. Like this grilled steakhouse potato salad. Onions in a potato salad add a nice crunch and flavor. Fire-roasted potatoes add a nice smokiness. Heck, all that’s missing is a nice big ole grilled T-bone steak and we’re in business!
And you know its good because this grilled steakhouse potato salad also has bacon and cheddar cheese in it! I love a nice big ole baked potato with my steak. Why not take those same great ingredients, plus a few others, and make it into a great side sald?
I recently discovered Blue Plate mayonnaise, which I think is the best around. If you can’t find it locally you can pick it up online for a fair price.
Also try my jalapeno pimento cheese potato salad and Leatha’s Bar-B-Que Inn red potato salad.
Grilled Steakhouse Potato Salad
- 3 pounds red potatoes small, about 12
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Ranch dressing
- 6 slices bacon cooked, crumbled
- 1 cup Mexican cheese blend shredded
- 4 green onions sliced thin
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the potatoes and boil until just starting to get tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain and let cool.
- Cut potatoes into 4ths.
- Optional: Fire up a grill and place potatoes on the grill, turning, just long enough to get some grill marks. Remove and let cool.
- Whisk remaining ingredients together. Add potatoes.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
Nutritional values are approximate.