Fresh corn season has now just come to an end here in Indiana. Sadly. I love fresh sweet corn. Sweet corn is what makes this tangy coleslaw something special. It definitely tastes as great as it looks. There’s all sort of great crunchy veggies, from onion to bell peppers, to cabbage to carrots. And then there’s the dressing, which is a combination of sweet and tangy.
I can’t say how much we enjoyed this tangy coleslaw. It screams ‘fresh’! Oh, and if you don’t want to take the time to grill or roast the corn and cut or peel the kernels (or you can’t get fresh corn-on-the-cob), substitute canned (drained) corn kernels instead.
Also try my Mardis Gras slaw.
This recipe is based on a recipe from Kelsey Nixon.
- Fire up your grill or oven broiler.
- Place the corn on the grill or under the broiler, turning occasionally, until nicely charred on all sides.
- Remove corn and let cool, then remove the kernels using a sharp knife.
- Place corn, slaw mix, cilantro, jalapeno, bell pepper and onion into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, honey, and lime juice. Pour over slaw mixture and toss to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Nutritional values are approximate.