There’s no reason for frozen fries to be boring, specially when it doesn’t take much to make them really fantastic. Add a little cheese. A little bacon. A little heat, of course. And a sauce. In no time you’ll be chowing down on delicious fries like these Texas fries. And, in no time, they will be gone.
Hidden Valley has a big variety of Ranch dressings available, so if ‘regular’ Ranch is a little too ‘regular’ for you, try something like Sriracha or Fiesta Ranch instead. Either is great on Texas fries. You don’t have to settled for the ‘usual’ ketchup.
I highly recommend that you shred or grate your own cheese at home. Don’t buy the pre-shredded or pre-grated stuff. It has stuff added to it to keep it from sticking together. That ‘stuff’ affects how the cheese melts. Shred it yourself and use the good stuff.
Also try my copycat Lone Star Steakhouse Amarillo cheese fries and my Cajun cheesy waffle fries.
- 2 pounds frozen fries I use Ore-Ida Crispers
- 1 cup extra sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled or chopped
- pickled jalapeno peppers chopped or sliced
- Ranch salad dressing to taste
- Bake fries per package instructions.
- Top with cheese and bacon and return to the oven for 5 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Add jalapeno peppers then drizzle with the Ranch dressing.
Nutritional values are approximate.