These little sweetheart buddies are sure to be a hit with your sweetie on Valentine’s Day! They are chocolatey, crunchy, and sweet. What a wonderful take on the classic Muddy Buddies! I had no idea that there is a such thing as chocolate Chex cereal. What rock have I been living under? Not only is it great as a cereal, it’s perfect in sweet treat mixes like this one!
Sweetheart Buddies are fun to make and just as fun to eat. Make a double batch because they won’t last long.
One of my other favorite lovey-dovey day treats are red velvet Rice Krispies treats. Also try my chocolate chocolate chip caramel bars.
These little sweetheart buddies are sure to be a hit with your sweetie on Valentine's Day!
- 1 14 1/2 ounce Chocolate Chex® cereal
- 1 12 ounce Wilton's red candy melts
- ½ cup strawberry cake mix or red velvet
- ½ cup confectioners sugar
- 1 bag Valentine's chocolate M&M’s
- Place cereal in a large plastic bowl.
- Melt candy melts in a double boiler or in a microwave per package instructions.
- Pour melted candy over the cereal and stir to combine.
- Spread coated cereal out onto wax paper and let cool almost completely.
- Place cereal back into the bowl or into large baggies.
- Add in the cake mix and sugar and gently shake or stir to combine.
- Add in the M&Ms and gently stir.
Calories: 499kcal | Carbohydrates: 160g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 806mg | Potassium: 2mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 58g | Vitamin A: 19IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 224mg | Iron: 2mg
Nutritional values are approximate.