There are two things that make these garlic Parmesan potato wedges absolutely fantastic: Kosmos Q garlic Parmesan wing dust and a Vortex BBQ loaded with hot charcoal. The wing dust packs tremendous garlicky cheesy flavor. Yes, I use it on wings. A lot. And also potato wedges. And homemade potato chips. It’s great stuff. The Vortex gets crazy hot, giving these potatoes a lightly crunchy exterior and a creamy soft interior.
Adding baking powder to the potatoes before putting them on the grill adds a bit of extra crunch to them. You can skip it if you like, these garlic Parmesan potato wedges are tremendous either way. You can also make them a bit spicier if you prefer, like my Kickin’ Cajun potato wedges.
Kosmos Q makes a lot of other great flavored wing dusts that are great on potato wedges too. Try them all! I did!
My Vortex St. Louis-style ribs go great with these potato wedges!
Garlic Parmesan Potato Wedges using the Vortex
- 4 Russet potatoes scrubbed clean
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Kosmo's Q Garlic Parmesan Wing Dust
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Fill your Vortex BBQ with charcoal and light it up while preparing the potatoes.
- Slice potatoes in half lengthwise, then half again lengthwise, and finally one more time lengthwise (i.e. you're cutting them into 1/8ths). You don't want them super thin, so for smaller potatoes you might only have to cut them 1/4ths. Transfer to a bowl.
- Drizzle the potatoes with the oil and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle the potatoes with the seasoning and baking powder and toss to coat. I've found that stirring them with your hands works best.
- Once the charcoal is just ashed over place the potato wedges in a circle around the edges of your grill. Don't let the potatoes touch. It's ok if you need to put them in two or three rows. If some pieces are thicker than others try to locate those nearer the fire.
- Place the cover on the grill with the top and bottom vents wide open.
- Cook for 20-30 minutes, rotating the lid 90 degrees every 5 or so minutes. Start checking the potatoes after 15 minutes. Sometimes one side off the grill needs more heat as the wedges there aren't cooking quite as quickly as others. Just rotate the lid so the vent is near that side and let cook a bit longer.
- Remove and serve immediately.
Nutritional values are approximate.