Until 15 minutes ago, our gotta-have-it-garlic bread was our favorite garlic bread. This chipotle garlic cheese bread is similar in that, boy, is it ever packed with flavor, but oh does it ever bring the cheese. It reminds me of the garlic cheese bread Pizza Hut used to have on the menu but with ten times the flavor and cheese (which reminds me… be sure to check out my copycat of Pizza Hut’s pan pizza). It’s seriously over the top, but really, when you make garlic cheese bread are you thinking ‘healthy’? It’s an indulgence. And then some.
You can make this chipotle garlic cheese bread ahead of time. Just wrap it in foil (loosely, so that the cheese doesn’t stick to the foil) and keep it in the fridge. When you’re ready to reheat it just toss it in a 350 F oven for 10-15 minutes until hot. Let it cool slightly before slicing or the ooey gooey cheese will run all over the place.
Chipotle Garlic Cheese Bread
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 2 teaspoons or more chipotle chili powder
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup green onions chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley chopped plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 large loaf French bread halved horizontally
- Combine the butter and chipotle chili powder in a large bowl. Add more seasoning if you want it spicier.
- Add the remaining ingredients except for the bread (and parsley garnish). Gently fold to combine.
- Place bread halves onto a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- Spread the cheese mixture onto the bread. Don't be shy. If you have leftover mixture consider yourself lucky (not all loaves are the same size, so it happens!).
- Place bread under the broiler until starting to brown, 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly before garnishing with parsley and slicing for serving.