This is my take on a great recipe posted by Jessica at Cajunlicious, one of my most favorite blogs to follow. Sadly, Cajunlicious is no more. Happily, I snagged the recipe for a muffuletta hot dog before it disappeared. And speaking of disappearing, that’s what happened to this scrumptious dish. I love muffuletta sandwiches. I love hot dogs. Now I can have both in one bite!
I often make my own olive salad, but I had a bit of Boscoli’s left over from making a muffuletta pasta salad so I used that instead for this muffuletta hot dog. The end result was fantastic!
Also try my mushroom Swiss melt dog!
Muffuletta Hot Dog
- 2 hot dogs
- 2 hot dog buns
- 4 slices Provolone cheese
- 1/4 cup olive salad I used Boscoli’s
- 4 slices salami
- 4 slices ham thin-sliced
- Grill the dogs and toast the buns (if desired).
- Place Provolone cheese and the sandwich meats on bun bottoms.
- Top with dogs and olive salad.
Nutritional values are approximate.