This started out as an attempt to make Cajunlicious’ Cajun Calzones, but I failed at getting the calzones to seal correctly, so I went with Plan B – Creole pizza, and I have to say, these were darned tasty good! Tremendously flavorful and packing a nice spicy punch, each bite is fantastic. And different.
Andouille sausage on a pizza is fantastic. It’s a nice change from your usual pepperoni or Italian sausage. The Creole meatball sauce is quite tasty, like a regular pizza sauce but with the addition of celery, bell pepper and a little Creole seasoning.
I always use my fantastic Creole meatball sauce when I make this pizza.
- 1 pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup Creole meatball sauce
- 1 Andouille sausage lightly browned, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper sliced thin
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper sliced thin
- 1/4 cup sweet onion sliced thin
- Shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven per dough instructions. Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface.
- Stir the Creole seasoning and garlic powder into the butter and brush onto the dough.
- Add the sauce and top with remaining ingredients.
- Cook as the dough instructions say.
Nutritional values are approximate.