These are the best baked steakhouse fries ever. The seasoning is spot-on fantastic. I could’ve eaten these all day. They are simple to make and are not deep-fried. Winner.
Make sure you keep the fries in the oven until they start to crisp. A soggy fry will ruin the moment every time!
Also try my fingerling homefries or my crazy-good but super-easy Texas fries.
These fries have fantastic flavor. Make sure you let them bake until they are done and a little crispy.
- 4 large russet potatoes washed, dried, cut into wedges
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Cayenne pepper to taste (optional) or, minced garlic, to taste and omit the garlic powder
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 425 F.
- Place the potato wedges into a large bowl. Drizzle with the oil. Toss to coat.
- Add the remaining ingredients and again toss to coat.
- Place potatoes on a large baking sheet. Do not stack them.
- Bake for 45 minutes to an hour, flipping after 25 minutes. Start checking for doneness and crispness after 45 minutes.
- Serve sprinkled with more salt and tons of ketchup.
Calories: 276kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 13mg | Potassium: 1036mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 17IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 2mg
Nutritional values are approximate.