Wow, now this is the way to cook and serve up cauliflower. The flavors are fantastic, and just doesn’t get any easier to make. You can make this southwestern whole roasted cauliflower in any style you want, just substitute your favorite spices. I lean towards southwestern and Cajun flavors, so that’s what I used. A little citrus, a little earthiness, and just a bit of heat. It’s nice to have something that looks a little different!
The yogurt coating forms a light crust over this southwestern whole roasted cauliflower. It’s a nice little crunchy contrast to the tender roasted insides.
Also try my creamy cauliflower bake.
Southwestern Whole Roasted Cauliflower
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Trim the green leaves from the cauliflower. Also trim the stem so most of the woody part is gone and there is a nice flat surface on the bottom.
- Note: Depending on how large your cauliflower is, and how you like yours cooked (we prefer a little bite to ours), you may want to steam or microwave the cauliflower a little first. Make sure you dry the outside of the cauliflower afterwards so that the yogurt mixture will adhere.
- Spray a small baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a medium bowl. Adjust the seasonings to taste.
- Dip the head of cauliflower into the bowl and swish it around to get it fully coated. Transfer to the baking sheet stem-side down.
- Roast for 30-40 minutes until golden brown and starting to get tender. I inserted a long toothpick into the cauliflower to make sure it was cooked like I want it (a little al dente). Depending on the size of your cauliflower, it may take more or less time.
Nutritional values are approximate.