I was looking for an easy side for dinner the other night. That usually means salad greens with dressing and croutons. Nothing fancy. But, then I remembered I’d bookmarked this awesome idea for cucumber roulades from Kraft. They’re normally served as appetizers, but they also work great as sides in the place of salads.
These cucumber roulades are a family favorite. I’m often asked to bring them to get-togethers. You can take all of the ingredients with you (cut and scoop out the cucumbers ahead of time) and make them ‘on site’ in just minutes.If you like roasted red peppers (and we do), the Italian Roasted Red Pepper dressing from Kraft is great on these cucumber roulades. But, you can substitute any flavorful vinaigrette that you like.
- 1 large cucumber peeled, cut into 1 1/2″ pieces
- ¼ cup chive and onion cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons Kraft Italian Roasted Red Pepper dressing more or less
- Use a melonballer to spoon out the insides of the cucumber pieces, leaving a little at the base.
- Spoon or pipe (I used a sandwich bag, with a corner cut off) cream cheese into the cucumber.
- Serve drizzled with the dressing.
Nutritional values are approximate.