This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
Wow, these Cuban burgers were great. I put two things I love into one and I got … lots more love! You’ll need a panini press to flatten these, but it’s ok if you don’t have one. Instead, place the burgers (wrapped in foil) into a large heated skillet then place another, smaller, skillet on top. Weigh it down with a few unopened cans you have on hand to press it down a bit. Voila! Instant panini press!
The easiest way to cook these Cuban burgers is on a Cuisinart Griddler. It is an absolute beast at making pressed sandwiches. It gets nice and hot, giving you that perfect crusty bread. It gets the cheese nice and perfectly melty. That’s what you’re after!
Also try my Dallas burgers.
This recipe is based on a recipe from Bobby Flay.
- Form meat into patties. Season well and grill until just barely done.
- Combine the mayonnaise, roasted garlic, and salt and pepper to taste in a bowl.
- Slather bun sides with the mayonnaise mixture and add some Dijon.
- Top buns with the cheese, burgers, more cheese, and some ham.
- Add bun tops and place into preheated panini press. Press down and cook until the cheese melts
Nutritional values are approximate.