Wow, these Cuban burgers were great. I love Cuban sandwiches, and I love burgers, so put two things I love into one and you get … lots more love! You’ll need a panini press to flatten these, but it’s ok if you don’t have one. Instead, place the burgers (wrapped in foil) into a large heated skillet then place another, smaller, skillet on top. Weigh it down with a few unopened cans you have on hand to press it down a bit. Voila! Instant panini press!
The easiest way to cook these Cuban burgers is on a Cuisinart Griddler.
Also try my Dallas burgers.
Wow, these Cuban burgers were great. I love Cuban sandwiches, and I love burgers, so put two things I love into one and you get … lots more love!
- 1 pound ground beef
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- 1 ½ tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 4 cloves garlic roasted, mashed
- 4 hamburger buns split
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 slices smoked ham
- 2 dill pickle chips
- Form meat into patties. Season well and grill until just barely done.
- Combine the mayonnaise, roasted garlic, and salt and pepper to taste in a bowl.
- Slather bun sides with the mayonnaise mixture and add some Dijon.
- Top buns with the cheese, burgers, more cheese, and some ham.
- Add bun tops and place into preheated panini press. Press down and cook until the cheese melts
Calories: 812kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 61g | Saturated Fat: 23g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 134mg | Sodium: 1251mg | Potassium: 512mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 372IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 396mg | Iron: 4mg
Nutritional values are approximate.