I’m not sure when this idea hit me. I was probably sleeping, dreaming away… In my dream I dreamed of buffalo wings. A big batch of tasty, hot buffalo wings. And then, I started dreaming of ABTs (bacon-wrapped stuffed jalapenos)… tasty, cheesy… with just a little heat. Then POW! I woke up and thought Buffalo ABTs (also known as atomic buffalo turds)!
So I made them.
And they were really, really good. So good that I made Buffalo ABTs several times in one week. Jalapenos lose a lot of their heat when slow cooked for an hour or two. They still have a little bite, but are more like a poblano than a hot pepper.
The stuffing for the Buffalo ABTs is fantastic, and also makes for a great dip for celery or chips. You can also chop up the entire ABT (jalapeno and all) and use in a grilled cheese sandwich.
Also tty my Hawaiian ABTs.
Buffalo ABTs (Atomic Buffalo Turds)
- 1 8 ounce cream cheese softened
- 2-3 tablespoons Frank's Buffalo Wing Sauce plus more for brushing
- 3-4 tablespoons celery chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons Blue cheese crumbled
- 8 large jalapeños halved, seeded
- 16 slices bacon about a pound
- Preheat your grill to 250 F for indirect cooking.
- Combine the cheese, wing sauce, celery and blue cheese. Add more sauce, celery or blue cheese as desired.
- Spoon cheese mixture into jalapeno halves.
- Wrap each jalapeno half with a piece of bacon.
- Brush bacon with more wing sauce.
- Cook over indirect heat for 1 1/2 hours – 2 hours until the jalapenos have softened, the bacon is done (but not really crispy), and the cheese is nice and bubbly.
Nutritional values are approximate.