Nothing is easier than smoking nuts. I use my Weber Smokey Mountain Smoker, but you can also smoke them on your gas or charcoal grill using a couple of added wood chunks. Smoking raw nuts only takes 20-25 minutes, so why not make a batch or smoked rosemary today for the big game?
These smoked rosemary nuts have a fantastic light rosemary taste (and aroma). They are a wonderful variation on your ‘usual’ smoked hot nuts. Also try my spicy smoked nuts. They have a bit more kick than these rosemary-infused nuts.
If you’d rather order some crazy good nuts, head over to The Peanut Shop of Williamsburg.
Smoked Rosemary Nuts
- Fire up your smoker for 325 F cooking over a mild wood (I used cherry). (If you are using a Weber Smoky Mountain smoker, do not add water to the water pan).
- Place the nuts in a medium bowl.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in another bowl and pour over the nuts. Toss to coat completely.
- Pour nuts into a disposable aluminum foil half sheet pan or pie pan.
- Place onto smoker (top rack if using a Weber Smoky Mountain) and smoke for 20-25 minutes, stirring once.
- Spread nuts out on a foil-lined baking sheet to cool and dry completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
Nutritional values are approximate.