Nothing is easier than smoking nuts. I use my Weber Smoky Mountain smoker, but you can also smoke them on your gas or charcoal grill using a couple of added wood chunks. Smoking nuts only takes 20-25 minutes. The smoke adds such a wonderful flavor to the nuts that you’ll want to make a big batch. For a bit more smokiness I add chipotle powder to these smoked southwestern nuts. It also adds a little bit of heat.
These smoked southwestern nuts have a fantastic light southwestern flavor with just a little kick. Need more kick? Make my spicy smoked nuts.
Smoked Southwestern Nuts
- Fire up your smoker for 325 F cooking over a mild wood (I used cherry). (If you are using a Weber Smoky Mountain smoker, do not add water to the water pan).
- Pour nuts into a disposable aluminum foil half sheet pan or pie pan.
- Place onto smoker (top rack if using a Weber Smoky Mountain) and smoke for 20-25 minutes, stirring once.
- Place the nuts in a medium bowl.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in another bowl and pour over the nuts. Toss to coat completely.
- Spread nuts out on a foil-lined baking sheet to cool and dry completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
Nutritional values are approximate.