These easy marinated mushrooms are some of the most addicting little bites I’ve ever made. Easy is right, too. They take no time at all to make. They are packed with flavor, a little sweet, a little heat and a bit of vinegar kick. I can guarantee that you will want to at least double the recipe because you won’t be able to stop eating them.
I used a mix of white button and cremini mushrooms, but you can use any mix of mushrooms you like. You do want to make sure you use mushrooms that are all about the same size or some will cook faster than others. You want them to all be cooked the same, not some soft and some not.
The marinade for these easy mushrooms is very good. I plan on using it for other dishes, including as a marinade for chicken.
Easy Marinated Mushrooms
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar packed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 bay leaf
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped, for garnish
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until just tender, 3-4 minutes. Drain well.
- Transfer mushrooms to a large bowl. Add the remaining ingredients except for the parsley. Toss gently to combine.
- Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate for 8 hours.
- Serve garnished with fresh chopped parsley.
- Note: The mushrooms will keep up to 5 days but are best the first two days after they marinate.
Nutritional values are approximate.