These Louisiana burgers are absolutely incredible. They are the best burgers I’ve ever had. Wonderful grilled seasoned beef, kick’n pepper jack cheese, remoulade, crunchy red onion and my favorite, spicy homemade Tasso that just melts in your mouth. All on homemade buns.
Every bite is fully of fantastic flavor.
I could’ve used some Kaw-Cajun Comeback sauce on these burgers, but I went with a bottle of Louisiana Fish Fry Product’s remoulade sauce instead. It has a nice zesty taste that is also great on po boy sandwiches. You can find it in your grocer’s southern foods section.
If you love big flavors, you’ll love these burgers. Also try my spicy bacon burgers.
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chuck
- 8 slices pepper jack cheese
- 4 hamburger buns split
- Remoulade sauce homemade or use Louisiana Fish Fry's bottled sauce
- 8 slices thinly sliced Tasso ham
- 1 red onion peeled, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices, soaked in cold water for 15 minutes then drained
- Fire up your grill.
- Combine the spices and mix into the meat in a large bowl.
- Form the meat into 4 patties.
- Grill the burgers as desired.
- Toast the buns.
- Slather the buns with the remoulade sauce. Top with the burgers, Tasso, red onion, and cheese.
Nutritional values are approximate.