Messy and spicy. That’s all I need to know. Plenty of crispy bacon too. And a little of ‘garden’. Nothing really that fancy, just a good juicy spicy bacon burger with plenty of kick. Thanks to the spicy cheese and a very spicy sauce.
I usually cook my spicy bacon burger on the grill, but not on the grates. Instead I use a griddle insert that is made of cast iron. The insert gets screaming hot, like a griddle from a diner. You know, the diners that make great burgers. When you cook on grates the juices drip down into the grill, lost forever. When you cook on the griddle the juices hang out, flavoring the patties and keeping them moist. You can’t go wrong griddling burgers in my opinion. You can also cook the bacon on the griddle, but I usually bake my bacon.
I like to use a burger press when I make burgers. It, in combination with some patty papers, enables me to crank out a whole bunch of equally-sized burger patties in no time at all with little cleanup.
Spicy Bacon Burger
For the burger
For the burger
- Preheat oven to 380 F.
- Divide the ground beef into 3 equally sized patties. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Place bacon slices on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Bake for 40 minutes, flipping once, until done but not overly crispy. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Fire up your grill and cook the burgers until the desired doneness is reached.
- Toast the buns if desired.
- Top patties with cheese and melt.
- Slather the buns with the sauce. Add the patties, lettuce, tomato, red onion and cooked bacon.
For the sauce
- Whisk together all ingredients until smooth.
Nutritional values are approximate.