These Islander hot dogs are another example of a great dog that doesn’t take a lot of work to put together. Think hot dog. Think salad. Put them together. That’s it! Anita proclaimed these one of the best dogs I’ve ever made, even though they are definitely one of the easiest. There’s a great contrast between the grilled beefy dogs, crispy cold lettuce, tomato, and pickle, and tartness from the salad dressing.
Also give my Jersey City dogs a try.
Islander Hot Dogs
- 2 hot dog buns
- 2 hot dogs
- 1/4 cup iceberg lettuce shredded
- 1/2 Roma tomato seeded, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dill pickles chopped
- 2 tablespoons Thousand Island salad dressing
- Toast buns as desired.
- Cook the dogs (I prefer to grill mine).
- Place the dogs in the buns. Top with lettuce, tomato and pickles.
- Drizzle with the salad dressing and serve.
Nutritional values are approximate.