I love making grilled Big Macs here at home. Sometimes I make full-sized ones. And sometimes, I make mini-sized ones. These Big Mac slider hoagies are a take on my favorite Big Mac sliders. They’re the same great tasting sandwich, but served on hoagie buns for a little something different.
Nothing beats fresh toppings on a hot-off-the-grill beef burger, specially with a nice big dollop of special sauce. Need a little kick in your sauce? Add a few squirts of Sriracha or hot sauce. As much as I do love spicy foods, I usually keep my Big Mac Slider Hoagies ‘classic’, tasting just like the burgers you can get at the restaurant!
Also try my Big Mac meatball subs!
Big Mac Slider Hoagies
For the special sauce (makes plenty of extra)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons French salad dressing
- 4 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
- 3 teaspoons white onion minced
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- Pinch kosher salt
For the sliders
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 slices American cheese cut in half
- 2 hoagie buns
- Special sauce from above
- 6 slices onion
- 6 slices Dill pickle
- 1/2 cup Iceberg lettuce shredded
For the special sauce
- Combine all ingredients. Refrigerate until ready to use.
For the burgers
- Form ground beef in to 4 2 ounce patties. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill burgers until done. Top with cheese.
- Lightly toast the buns.
- Assemble burgers by slathering bun bottoms with special sauce.
- Add the burgers, tomato, pickle and lettuce.
- Skewer to hold in place.
Nutritional values are approximate.