There’s nothing I love more than pulled pork, made on my Weber Smokey Mountain Smoker, mixed with a fantastic homemade sauce. My favorite sauce, for everything from chicken wings to pulled pork to burgers is my Bourbon Street sauce. For topping the perfect pulled pork sandwich I add either coleslaw or sliced onion and dill pickle. Either one gives the Bourbon Street pulled pork sandwiches a great crunchy, and the vinegar helps tone down a bit of the sweetness in the sauce. Every bite is perfect.
If you prefer your sauce on the Bourbon Street pulled pork sandwiches to be on top and not mixed in, I say go for it! When I am eating out I prefer to add the sauce myself. I order it ‘dry’, and ask for the sauce on the side.
Also try my shredded pork sandwich.
Bourbon Street Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- 1 pound pulled pork warmed (I used our homemade pulled pork)
- Bourbon Street sauce warmed
- 4 Hamburger buns toasted
- 12 dill pickle chips
- 1 small red onion sliced thin
- Mix the pork with the sauce.
- Add onion slices to the buns, top with the pork and sauce mixture.
- Add a few dill pickle slices and the top of the bun.
Nutritional values are approximate.