This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
Mmmmm. Boy oh boy. Salsa hot dogs. Mighty darned tasty. Like a hand-held serving of nachos. As spicy as you want it to be depending on the salsa you use. Of course, like nachos, you can add anything else you want. Like pickled jalapeno slices. Or shredded cheese. No matter what you do, these are great. I love the cool sour cream and tomatoes with the hot beef dogs and the spicy salsa, along with the crunch of the lettuce.
These were the perfect dogs to enjoy outside on the deck on a beautiful spring day.
Slicing your hot dogs before cooking helps ensure that the toppings don’t slide off. And that’s a good thing!
Also try my sandwich roll hot dogs. They’re different.
Salsa Hot Dogs
- 2 hot dog buns
- 2 hot dogs
- ¼ cup iceberg lettuce shredded
- ½ Roma tomato seeded, chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons black olives sliced
- 1-2 tablespoons salsa
- 1-2 tablespoons sour cream
- Toast the buns as desired
- Cook the dogs.
- Add dogs to the buns. Top with the lettuce, tomato and olives.
- Add a dollop or so of salsa, followed by the sour cream.
Nutritional values are approximate.