Note: This recipe was developed using the Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-Less Fryer. If you are cooking using the Char-Broil Smoker-Roaster Grill you should cook with the lid open and the temperature set to High. You might also need to adjust the cooking time.
Very few things are as addicting as chorizo-stuffed Fritos made on the Char-Broil Big Easy. These little bite-sized snacks disappear in no time. As an added bonus, they are incredibly easy to make. You can fit a whole bunch of stuffed Fritos on the Big Easy, making it perfect for cooking for a crowd, if you have the available cooking rack.
Just about anything you put in the Fritos is going to taste great. I used Mexican chorizo because I love the spiciness that is brings to dishes, but ground breakfast sausage would also be fantastic.
Be careful when pulling these chorizo-stuffed Fritos off your Big Easy. In no time the chips get mighty hot, so use tongs or let them cool a bit first before handling and eating. You can also make these great Fritos on your grill.
Love your Big Easy as much I love mine? Check out my Big Easy Add-Ons page and my free Big Easy eCookbook!
Chorizo-Stuffed Fritos on the Char-Broil Big Easy
- 2 bags Fritos Scoops chips grab 2 bags in case it’s hard to find the perfectly-shaped chips
- 1 pound Mexican chorizo cooked, finely crumbled (Note: If you cannot crumble the sausage well enough, toss the slightly-cooled cooked chorizo into a food processor and pulse a few times)
- 2 cups shredded cheese extra sharp cheddar or pepperjack work great!
- 1 cup Ranch salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons chopped chipotle peppers along with some of the adobo sauce or more, to taste
- 4 green onions sliced thin, for garnish
- Fire up your Big Easy.
- Open the bag of chips and place in a large bowl. Go through them and grab the biggest, best scooping chips you can find.
- Combine the crumbled chorizo and cheese. Press lightly into the chips and transfer to the cooking rack.
- Lower rack into the Big Easy and cook until the cheese is melted on all levels, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the rack and let cool slightly.
- While the chips are cooling whisk together the dressing and chipotle with adobo.
- Serve chips drizzled with the sauce and garnished with green onions.
Nutritional values are approximate.