This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
Very few things are as addicting as chorizo-stuffed Fritos made on the Char-Broil Big Easy. These little bite-sized snacks disappear in no time. As an added bonus, they are incredibly easy to make. You can fit a whole bunch of stuffed Fritos on the Big Easy, making it perfect for cooking for a crowd, if you have the available cooking rack.
Just about anything you put in the Fritos is going to taste great. I used Mexican chorizo because I love the spiciness that is brings to dishes, but ground breakfast sausage would also be fantastic.
Be careful when pulling these chorizo-stuffed Fritos off your Big Easy. In no time the chips get mighty hot, so use tongs or let them cool a bit first before handling and eating. You can also make these great Fritos on your grill.
Note: This recipe was developed using the Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-Less Fryer. If you are cooking using the Char-Broil Smoker-Roaster Grill you should cook with the lid open and the temperature set to High. You might also need to adjust the cooking time.
Chorizo-Stuffed Fritos on the Char-Broil Big Easy
- 2 bags Fritos Scoops grab 2 bags in case it’s hard to find the perfectly-shaped chips
- 1 pound Mexican chorizo cooked, finely crumbled (Note: If you cannot crumble the sausage well enough, toss the slightly-cooled cooked chorizo into a food processor and pulse a few times)
- 2 cups shredded cheese extra sharp cheddar or pepperjack work great!
- 1 cup Ranch salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons chipotle peppers in Adobo sauce or more, to taste, chopped, along with some of the adobo sauce
- 4 green onions sliced thin, for garnish
- Fire up your Big Easy.
- Open the bag of chips and place in a large bowl. Go through them and grab the biggest, best scooping chips you can find.
- Combine the crumbled chorizo and cheese. Press lightly into the chips and transfer to the cooking rack.
- Lower rack into the Big Easy and cook until the cheese is melted on all levels, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the rack and let cool slightly.
- While the chips are cooling whisk together the dressing and chipotle with adobo.
- Serve chips drizzled with the sauce and garnished with green onions.
Nutritional values are approximate.