This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
Wow, talk about amazingly good. The heck with the main dish, just load me up on some of these Cajun shrimp-stuffed poblano peppers. A slight kick of heat, perfect shrimp and creamy melted cheese. What’s not to love?
You could use green bell peppers instead, if you want, in these Cajun Shrimp-Stuffed Poblano Peppers. I love poblanos because they are a little spicier than a bell pepper without just completely drowning out a dish in heat.
For extra kick, substitute shredded pepper jack cheese for the feta and mozzarella and add a few diced roasted jalapenos into the shrimp mixture. That’ll definitely liven up the party.
I highly recommend that you shred or grate your own cheese at home. Don’t buy the pre-shredded or pre-grated stuff. It has stuff added to it to keep it from sticking together. That ‘stuff’ affects how the cheese melts. Shred it yourself and use the good stuff.
Cajun Shrimp-Stuffed Poblano Peppers
- 2 large poblano peppers
- ½ pound shrimp raw or pre-cooked, 24-30 count, peeled, deveined
- 1 teaspoon olive oil if you are using raw shrimp
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- ¼ cup feta cheese crumbled
- ¼ cup Mozzarella cheese shredded
- 2 teaspoons dried basil crumbled
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- cilantro chopped, for garnish
- Note: You can use pre-cooked shrimp if you desire. Just toss the shrimp with the Cajun seasoning and do not cook.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Cut the peppers in half lengthwise. Remove any stems or seeds.
- If using cooked shrimp, toss the shrimp with the Cajun seasoning in a large bowl.
- If using raw shrimp, heat the oil over medium-high heat in a skillet. Add the shrimp, sprinkle with the seasoning, and cook, turning, until done, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add the cheeses, basil and hot sauce to the shrimp Stir.
- Transfer shrimp mixture to the poblanos and place on a baking dish.
- Place in oven and bake 30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the peppers are softened.
- Serve garnished with chopped cilantro.
Nutritional values are approximate.