This blue cheese dressing was one of the first recipes I made from Brother Jimmy’s BBQ: More than 100 Recipes. I picked it because because it just so happened that I was making wings for lunch that day and I needed something (other than bottled Ranch dressing) for dipping. This was it. And this will be it from now on, because this is the easiest, best blue cheese dressing you can make. Not only great for wings, it’s great on salads or for dipping veggies. Anything.
I prefer Gorgonzola versus say, Roquefort, when a recipe calls for blue cheese. It’s a little milder and doesn’t overpower the dressing.
This is just one example of all the great recipes in Brother Jimmy’s BBQ: More than 100 Recipes. I highly recommend it.
Also try my Buffalo wing dipping sauce.
Blue Cheese Dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise not light!
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbled, or Gorgonzola
- Pinch sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon lime juice freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 teaspoons sour cream
- Whisk together all ingredients. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
Nutritional values are approximate.