This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
*poof* And just like that, all of the grilled (I used my trust Weber grill) marinated mushrooms I had just made disappeared. No, it’s not because I’ve changed my name to Houdini. It’s these fantastic mushrooms that did it. Each bite is a wonderful combination of meaty mushroom, salty soy sauce, a few spices and a nice balsamic vinegar kick. To cool all that down I served the mushrooms with a homemade blue cheese dressing for dipping. I didn’t do a whole lot of dipping, but I sure did a whole lot of eating.
This is just one of many, many great recipe ideas I found in Brother Jimmy’s BBQ: More Than 100 Recipes. Heck, the book was worth it just for these grilled marinated mushrooms. They are a common sight (for the minutes that they last) around here.
I always use a grill basket when I make these mushrooms or just about any other dish like it. It sure makes for easy cooking. I don’t have to worry about anything falling through the grates. A basket also makes for super-easy cleanup!
Also try my spicy grilled mushrooms.
Grilled Marinated Mushrooms
- 8 ounces mini Bella mushrooms or your favorite bite-sized mushrooms
- ½ tablespoon garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano crumbled
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme crumbled
- Pinch kosher salt
- ½ tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Blue cheese salad dressing for serving
- Wipe the mushrooms clean.
- In a large bowl combine the remaining ingredients except for the dressing. Whisk until smooth.
- Add the mushrooms to the marinade. Toss gently to coat. Let sit for 10 minutes, stirring one more time before using.
- Fire up your grill for medium-high heat cooking.
- Thread the mushrooms onto skewers or place in a grill basket. Reserve the marinade.
- Grill for 5-7 minutes, turning once or twice. Brush the mushrooms with the marinade while cooking.
- Remove and serve with blue cheese dressing for dipping.
Nutritional values are approximate.