These marinated grilled shrimp were beyond tasty. Beyond fantastic. The marinade adds so much flavor to each and every bite. And the dipping sauce? Perfect. This dish reminded me of an amped-up peel-and-eat shrimp boil. We both enjoyed these shrimp tremendously. I’m a major shrimp-aholic. But that doesn’t mean I’m not a little bit picky about them. These passed all of my tests with flying colors.
It’s hard to think of anything I’d change when making these marinated grilled shrimp. Maybe I’d just say it makes one serving, because I certainly could’ve eaten more. I grilled up a few pieces of bread for soppin’ because I knew that the dipping sauce was going to be great long before I even made it.
I used my grill basket when I made this dish. It’s great for anything I need to flip that I might worry about falling thru the grates. And it makes for easy cleanup.
Marinated Grilled Shrimp
For the shrimp
- 1 pound large shrimp shelled, deveined tails on or off
For the marinade
- Whisk together the marinade ingredients in a large plastic bowl.
- Add the shrimp, stir, cover, and refrigerate 3-4 hours, turning the shrimp once.
For the dipping sauce
- Melt the butter in a medium sauce pan over medium heat.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Reduce heat to low and keep warm until ready to serve.
For the shrimp
- Fire up your grill for direct cooking, 400 F or higher.
- Remove the shrimp from the marinade (reserving the marinade!), shaking off any excess.
- Place on the grill and cook for 2-3 minutes per side until done, constantly basting with the marinade.
- Remove and serve with the dipping sauce.
Nutritional values are approximate.