I have what can easily be described as an addiction to Buffalo wings and anything with Buffalo wing sauce in the ingredients. So it came as no surprise that I devoured these Buffalo shrimp. I made them on the grill, which was about as easy to do as possible, but you can also make them in the oven. The shrimp soak up the fantastic sauce in no time. I loved them, and definitely should’ve made more!
I used a nice medium Buffalo wing sauce when I made these shrimp. I love the flavor of shrimp, and didn’t want some mouth-blisteringly-hot sauce burying that great taste. I could easily see making a mix of medium and mild for appetizers for a get-together. The shrimp only take a few minutes to cook so you can satisfy a crowd in no time at all. Serving them with blue cheese or ranch dressing is optional, in my opinion. They’re great by themselves!
Oh, don’t forget that the oyster shells are super hot when taken off the grill. You might want to let your guests know to not handle them for at least a few minutes. They do cool off relatively quickly.
- Place the shrimp in a bowl.
- Combine the spices and sprinkle over the shrimp. Toss to coat.
- Place shrimp in the oyster shells. Add enough Buffalo sauce to almost fill the shells.
- Cook the shrimp (see below). Warning: The sauce will be very hot as will the shells, so be careful handing them after they are cooked.
- Serve with blue cheese dressing for dipping if desired.
In the oven
- Bake at 350 F for 10 minutes or until the shrimp are no longer translucent and the sauce is hot and bubbly.
On the grill
- Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes or until the shrimp are no longer translucent and the sauce is hot and bubbly.
Nutritional values are approximate.