Mmmmmm. Simple, but oh so good! These cheesy broccoli baked potatoes remind me of the wonderful potatoes at Hog’s Breath Eatery, in Fayetteville, Arkansas. I used to eat at Hog’s Breath regularly. Man, did they have great baked potatoes. Sadly, the Hog’s Breath Eatery has closed. That means I have to make more baked potatoes like this one at home instead of saving up my cravings for the next time I go to Fayetteville.
I used my homemade cheese sauce on these delicious potatoes. You can use your own or pre-made if you like, but my version is so easy to make.
Also try my cheesy mushroom baked potatoes, my mushroom and onion baked potatoes, and my take on the Hog’s Breath classic baked potato, The Works.
Cheesy Broccoli Baked Potatoes
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- 4 large potatoes baked (See The Best Baked Potato)
- 1 batch Cheese sauce divided
- Bring a small pan of water to a boil.
- Add a pinch of salt.
- Add the broccoli and cook 3-4 minutes or until just barely tender.
- Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the broccoli from cooking further.
- Split the potatoes along the tops.
- Divide the broccoli among the potatoes and top with the cheese sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Nutritional values are approximate.