I made a nice big ole batch of slow cooker shredded Buffalo chicken the other day. Then I made some awesome Buffalo chicken panini sandwiches, which came out so fantastic that I just had to keep going with the theme. So… I made Buffalo chicken subs! Spicy Buffalo chicken, cold, creamy, crunchy slaw, tangy blue cheese, and cool Ranch dressing, all on a lightly toasted sub roll. Every bite is packed full of flavor.
Nothing could be easier to make than these subs. I also make extra Buffalo chicken and keep some in the freezer for a quick lunch sandwich.
Don’t like the tang of blue cheese? Gorgonzola is a bit more mellow, but if that’s too strong for you just use Monterey Jack.
I also like to use shredded Buffalo chicken in my alfredo dish. Or fire up the grill and make my crazy-yummy Buffalo chicken burgers.
Buffalo Chicken Subs
- 2 sub rolls or use a loaf of French bread, halved, warmed if desired
- 1/2 cup Buffalo chicken shredded, warmed (see our slow-cooker or Big Easy recipes for making Buffalo chicken)
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese crumbled
- 1/2 cup coleslaw mix
- 2 tablespoons Ranch dressing
- Combine the chicken with the blue cheese and divide between the bread.
- Mix the slaw and Ranch dressing and divide between the sandwiches.
Nutritional values are approximate.