We absolutely loved this Buffalo slaw. It is no doubt one of our favorite non-traditional slaws. It is creamy, and smooth, thanks to mayo, sour cream and blue cheese crumbles. There’s a great celery crunch. There’s just a hint of Buffalo wing sauce flavor. Served cold, this slaw complements any meal, and specially, something hot off of the grill! It’s also great heaped on top of something hot off of the grill!
If you find that blue cheese is a bit too strong for you, you can substitute Gorgonzola cheese crumbles. This slaw is great with either.
This slaw is the perfect side for our Buffalo hot dogs.
We absolutely loved this Buffalo slaw. It is no doubt one of our favorite non-traditional slaws. It is creamy, and smooth, thanks to mayo, sour cream and blue cheese crumbles.
- 1 pound slaw mix cabbage, carrots, etc
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2-4 tablespoons Frank’s RedHot Sauce
- 1 cup celery sliced thin
- blue cheese or Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled, to taste
- Place cabbage mixture into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, sugar and salt
- Stir in the wing sauce and celery.
- Add sauce to the cabbage and gently stir or toss until combined.
- Add crumbles, to taste and stir.
Calories: 176kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 420mg | Potassium: 148mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 171IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 1mg
Nutritional values are approximate.