I know that some may poo-poo the idea of making chili in a crockpot. I can only say to them: you have to try this slow cooker meat lovers chili. Do you have to make it in a slow cooker? No, of course not. It’s just a bit easier. No matter how you cook it, it’s packed with flavor. Three meats to satisfy any carnivore’s desires. The perfect combination of spices and heat. This is the perfect chili for a cold day.
You can adjust this recipe however you like. Spicy ground sausage and a chopped habanero or two will definitely kick the heat up a few notches. Leave out the beans for a more Texas-style chili. Substitute ground turkey sausage, ground turkey and ground sausage for a beef-less chili. The base recipe for slow cooker meat lovers chili is very flexible.
Slow Cooker Meat Lovers Chili
- 1 pound ground sausage use spicy for a little kick!
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large sweet onion chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper chopped
- 1 jalapeno seeded, minced
- 1 28 ounce tomato sauce
- 1 28 ounce diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 16 ounce kidney beans rinsed, drained
- 1 cup beef stock
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flake or more
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce or more
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Crumble the sausage, beef and pork into a large pot or Dutch oven over high heat and cook until browned, breaking up the meat more as it cooks.
- Drain the meat and transfer to a lightly greased slow cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Stir, cover and cook on low 8 hours.
Nutritional values are approximate.