Ah, hot dogs. One of my favorite things. And you can put almost anything on them. Lately, I’ve been making more traditional hot dogs, such as the Boston hot dog, or the Chicago dog. Like the others, this grilled Cincinnati dog is very tasty, and very easy.
The key to a great grilled Cincinnati hot dog is to use real Cincinnati chili, which has a hint of cinnamon. I used some chili I picked up from Skyline Chili. If you don’t have a Skyline Chili near you, check the canned chili section of your local grocery store as Skyline also sells a canned version of their famous chili but you can also make my slow cooker Cincinnati chili.
Also make up a few of my grilled Cuban hot dogs.
Grilled Cincinnati Hot Dog
- 4 hot dogs grilled
- 4 hot dog buns warmed or steamed
- 1 cup Cincinnati chili warmed (I used Skyline chili)
- extra sharp cheddar shredded
- 1 small onion chopped
- prepared yellow mustard
- Place the dogs in the buns and heap on the chili. Don't be shy.
- Add cheese, onion and mustard and get ready for some yummy dogs!
Nutritional values are approximate.