I ran across this great idea for a football game-watching snack from the Plain Chicken blog, one of my absolute favorite places to go on the web. These mini-corn dog muffins are very easy to make and they will disappear very quickly. Because they’re not only fun, they taste great!
You can use whatever dipping sauces (or just ketchup) that you have on hand. I threw together a quick-and-easy maple honey mustard sauce that came out fantastic. Keep the mini theme going with some mini baked ham and Swiss sandwiches and mini cinnamon rolls! You’ll also love my mini corn dogs.
Change things up by using something other than hot dogs. I recommend Andouille sausage for a nice spicy Cajun spin!
Mini-Corn Dog Muffins
- 8 hot dogs cut into 1" pieces
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 stick unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1 green jalapeno minced (optional)
- 1 red jalapeno minced (optional)
- 1 1/4 cups cornmeal
- Dipping sauces ketchup, BBQ, or this maple honey mustard
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Spray two mini-muffin pans (24 muffins each) with non-stick spray.
- Whisk together the eggs, buttermilk, honey and butter in medium sized bowl.
- Slowly whisk in the flour, baking powder, Creole seasoning, jalapenos, and cornmeal. Stir until smooth.
- Place one tablespoon of the mixture into each muffin cup. Then, push a piece of hot dog down into the middle of each cup.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until golden.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauces.
Nutritional values are approximate.