Nothing beats a hot dog straight off the grill, topped with fresh toppings. These simple pickle dogs have a great contrast between the beef hot dog and the crunch and bite of fresh cucumber, dill pickle, and relish. Sure, you’ve put pickle relish on your hot dogs before, but this takes that idea to a whole new level. It’s like having a taste of summer in each bite.
I topped some of these dogs with yellow mustard, but honestly, they’re great without it.
While I’m on the subject of relish, if you’re looking for an absolutely fantastic store-bought pickle relish, check out McClure’s. Their spicy version is definitely wonderfully spicy, and the garlic flavored relish is so good you’ll want to eat it right out of the jar.
Also try my pizza hot dogs. Pizza. Dogs. Good stuff!
Pickle Hot Dogs
- 6 hot dogs
- 6 hot dog buns
- 1/2 large cucumber seeded, chopped
- 1/4 cup dill pickle relish
- 2 dill pickles chopped
- Cook dogs and heat the buns as desired. Place dogs into the buns.
- In a small bowl combine the remaining ingredients and spoon over the dogs.
- Serve with yellow mustard if desired (you can also mix the mustard in with the pickle mixture).
Nutritional values are approximate.