I keep a few packages of instant chicken Ramen on hand at all times. Not to make Ramen, but to use the noodles and seasoning in various recipes. I’ve made Ramen-seasoned chicken wings (one of my favorites). A Ramen broccoli slaw. And now, quick fix Ramen-seasoned chips. In just minutes I’m enjoying an almost-criminal indulgence: that salty chicken Ramen seasoning over warm potato chips.
If you’re like me, you can’t help yourself but to enjoy that little packet of seasoning. So, yeah, put some extra on the chips. Just go for it. You can make up for the extra sodium by using low salt chips…. These quick fix Ramen-seasoned chips did not last long in my house.
Quick Fix Ramen-Seasoned Chips
Since the seasoning is quite salty, you may want to use low-salt chips.
- 4 cups potato chips A few good handfuls worth. I recommend ruffled chips, and no need to get the expensive stuff, store brand is fine
- 2 packets Ramen seasoning chicken flavor, leftover from a package of Ramen Noodle Soup, or more, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 275 F.
- Spread chips out onto a baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes. You should see that the oils in the chips have come to the surface.
- Gently transfer chips to a large bowl and sprinkle with the seasoning. Use a spatula to carefully stir to coat.
- Serve immediately.
Calories: 1259kcal | Carbohydrates: 127g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 80g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 20g | Monounsaturated Fat: 45g | Trans Fat: 0.1g | Sodium: 1247mg | Potassium: 2839mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 51mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 3mg
Nutritional values are approximate.