It seems like any time I pick up a bag of salt and vinegar potato chips at the store I end up unhappy. Some are way, way, way too salt and vinegar-y. You know, open the bag, breath in, pass out. Others, I swear the bag was mis-labelled because I don’t get even a hint of salt and vinegar. The solution? Quick fix chips that have just the right amount of salt, and just the right amount of vinegar! Score!
I prefer wavy ruffled chips for my quick fix salt and vinegar potato chips. First, they’re thick, so they hold up to any tossing required to get the seasoning evenly spread on each and every chip. Second, they have ridges that hold more seasoning than plan old flat chips. That means great flavor in each and every bite!
Quick Fix Salt and Vinegar Potato Chips
- 4 cups potato chips A few good handfuls worth. I recommend ruffled chips, and no need to get the expensive stuff, store brand is fine
- 1/2 tablespoon Kosmo's Q Salt and Vinegar Wing Dust more or less, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 275 F.
- Spread chips out onto a baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes. You should see that the oils in the chips have come to the surface.
- Gently transfer chips to a large bowl and sprinkle with the seasoning. Use a spatula to carefully stir to coat.
- Serve immediately.
Nutritional values are approximate.