I love Buffalo chicken wings, and anything Buffalo chicken wing-flavored. I like to keep shredded Buffalo chicken on hand. That way I can throw together a quick sandwich at any time with no fuss or trouble at all. I love the kick of the Buffalo sauce. The more, the merrier I say! I often cook Buffalo chicken in my Char-Broil Big Easy, but also love making a big batch in my slow cooker. Slow cooker shredded Buffalo chicken is easy to make, smells fantastic all day long while it’s cooking, and can be used in a lot of ways. Make a double batch and keep the extra in the freezer.
Don’t be afraid to add more wing sauce to this slow cooker shredded Buffalo chicken as it cooks if you think it’s getting too thick. Check on it every few hours just to be sure and give it a good stir. You can take off the slow cooker lid and let it reduce if you think it’s too thin.
Don’t chop the chicken super fine. I figure how fine I want it will depend on how I end up using it. You can always chop it more later.
Slow Cooker Shredded Buffalo Chicken
- Place chicken into slow cooker.
- Add hot sauce and Ranch dressing mix.
- Cook on low 8 hours or until falling apart, stirring occasionally.
- Remove chicken and shred or chop as desired. Return to the slow cooker and add the butter.
- Cook another 30 minutes until the butter melts. Stir.
Nutritional values are approximate.