One sign that you absolutely love a dish? You make it three days in a row. Like these Buffalo chicken burgers, that I made… you guessed it… three days in a row! The burgers are so tender, so juicy, and they have just the right amount of spiciness. The heat is there, but I’d say it’s somewhere around medium spicy. Packed with celery and carrots, and topped with a wonderful blue cheese sauce, each bite really is like a fantastic chicken wing. But on a bun.
I so enjoyed making and devouring these Buffalo chicken burgers. They have found there way to the top of my gotta-make-regularly list. Not only are the very easy to make, they look and taste absolutely fantastic. I cannot wait to enjoy them again, and soon. You can skip the blue cheese sauce if you want, and just dress the burgers plainly, using mayonnaise if you want. The blue cheese adds more of a Buffalo wing experience.
I like to use a burger press when I make burgers. It, in combination with some patty papers, enables me to crank out a whole bunch of equally-sized burger patties in no time at all with little cleanup.
Also try my Buffalo chicken subs.
Buffalo Chicken Burgers
- Place the chicken hot sauce, carrots, celery, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley, chives and bread crumbs into a large bowl. Gently combine but do not overmix. Cover and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Fire up your grill for direct cooking over medium-high heat.
- Divide the meat mixture into 4 equally-sized balls and form into patties. Lightly brush both sides with oil and transfer to the grill over direct heat. Cook 4-5 minutes. Turn and continue cooking another 4-5 minutes or until the internal temperature has reached 165 F. Remove.
- Serve the burgers on the Kaiser rolls, with a few pieces of lettuce and plenty of the creamy blue cheese sauce.
Creamy Blue Cheese Sauce
- Place the blue cheese crumbles into a small bowl. Use a fork to smash or break up into small pieces. Add the remaining ingredients and stir.
Nutritional values are approximate.