I love my spiral slicer. So far, I’ve used it for making great side dishes or salads and a few main dishes. I was intrigued when I first came across this idea for a low-carb dessert that is made using a spiral slicer. What a brilliant idea – apple zoodle dessert! Great apple flavor and crunch, a hint of cinnamon, and topped with toasted coconut flakes.
I used a Gala apple for making this dessert, but you can substitute whatever you like. Of course, it being a dessert you’ll probably want to use a sweeter apple, such as golden delicious, pink lady, red delicious or Fuji.
This apple zoodle dessert pairs perfectly with my Parmesan chicken zoodles.
Apple Zoodle Dessert
I was intrigued when I first came across this idea for a low-carb dessert that is made using a spiral slicer. What a brilliant idea – apple zoodle dessert!
Servings 1 serving
- 1 gala apple or your favorite sweet apple
- vegetable oil
- cinnamon to taste
- Unsweetened coconut flakes to taste
- Core the apple then slice it into thin noodles using your spiral slicer.
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion slices and saute until they start to get tender.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and stir.
- Remove apple to serving plate.
- Add the coconut flakes to the skillet and cook until starting to brown, stirring constantly.
- Sprinkle apple with the toasted coconut flakes and serve.
Calories: 95kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 2mg | Potassium: 195mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 98IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 1mg
Nutritional values are approximate.