I love Texas toast. And I love French toast. And of course I love waffles. That sums up how I feel about Texas toast French toast waffles! Incredibly easy to make and beyond yummy. Self-control was very challenging with a platter of these little tasty beauties in front of me.
Sweet, with a hint of cinnamon and vanilla, you can substitute any bread you like, but I prefer Texas toast because it can more than handle the job of holding up to an egg batter and a waffle iron.
I often contemplate what I would do differently to a recipe after I make it. A little twist or something. I can honestly say there is absolutely nothing I would change about Texas toast French toast waffles. Except to maybe double the recipe.
Hash browns are another great breakfast item that you can make using your Griddler.
Also try my blueberry croissant puff.
Texas Toast French Toast Waffles
- Preheat waffle iron. I used my Cuisinart Griddler with the waffle iron plates.
- Beat the eggs, milk, butter, vanilla and cinnamon in a pie plate.
- Working in batches, dip bread in egg mixture. Flip and coat other side.
- Transfer to hot waffle iron and cook until golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.
Nutritional values are approximate.