One of my favorite Thanksgiving day dishes is my grilled sweet potatoes with pecan butter. Well, my favorite has a new buddy, and it’s these bacon-wrapped sweet potato bites. Packed with fantastic savory flavors, and yes, wrapped in bacon. The bacon not only adds a fantastic smokiness, it keeps the sweet potatoes moist and tender.
There is absolutely nothing I would change about this recipe. You can assemble the potatoes ahead of time, refrigerate them, and cook them before enjoying your big Thanksgiving meal. They do reheat well, so you can also cook them ahead of time and just reheat for about 10-15 minutes at 350 F before serving.
Also try my Buffalo potato wedges.
Bacon-Wrapped Sweet Potato Bites
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Peel the potatoes.
- Cut the potatoes into rounds that are as thick as the bacon is wide.
- Place potatoes into a large bowl. Sprinkle with a bit of oil and toss to coat.
- Combine the Mrs. Dash, thyme, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle half of the spice mix over the potatoes and toss to coat.
- Wrap a piece of bacon around each piece of potato.
- Roll in the remaining spice mixture then secure the bacon with a toothpick.
- Place potatoes on a baking sheet lined with a silpat or aluminum foil and sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes (depending on how thick the potatoes are) until the potatoes are nice and tender and the bacon is cooked.
Nutritional values are approximate.