Wow, these Cuban burgers were great. I love Cuban sandwiches, and I love burgers, so put two things I love into one and you get … lots more love! You’ll need a panini press to flatten these, but it’s ok if you don’t have one. Instead, place the burgers (wrapped in foil) into a large heated skillet then place another, smaller, skillet on top. Weigh it down with a few unopened cans you have on hand to press it down a bit. Voila! Instant panini press!
Also try my Dallas burgers.
- 1 pound ground beef
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 cloves roasted garlic mashed
- 4 hamburger buns split
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 8 thin slices Swiss cheese
- 4 thin slices smoked ham
- 2 dill pickles sliced thin (I used Claussen Sandwich slices)
- Form meat into patties. Season well and grill until just barely done.
- Combine the mayonnaise, roasted garlic, and salt and pepper to taste in a bowl.
- Slather bun sides with the mayonnaise mixture and add some Dijon.
- Top buns with the cheese, burgers, more cheese, and some ham.
- Add bun tops and place into preheated panini press. Press down and cook until the cheese melts