Rhodes dinner rolls make for a great, easy accompaniment to any meal. This Italian herb skillet bread version kicks them up a bit by topping them with savory herbs.
You can substitute any seasonings you prefer on your Italian herb skillet bread. I found these rolls to be quite yummy with a honey-flavored BBQ rub too. If you don’t have an 8″ skillet, you can make these in a high-rimmed metal baking pan (such as a cake pan). Just make sure the roll dough balls are about 2″ apart.
Italian Herb Skillet Bread
- 7 Rhodes frozen dinner rolls
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil slightly crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano slightly crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary slightly crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- Lightly grease an 8" cast iron skillet with shortening (or butter).
- Place rolls in skillet, starting with one in the middle and the rest around it in a circle. The rolls should be about 2" apart.
- Cover the skillet with a towel and place in a warm place. Let rolls rise until touching, 4-5 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine the herbs with the butter. Gently brush the mixture onto the tops of the rolls.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.